Forums Dancehall Reggae Vladimir Tarasenko Vladimir Tarasenko

Posted September 19, 2018 04:36 AM

Three-time Pro Bowl tight end Delanie Walker suffered a gruesome injury to his right leg Sunday night late in Tennessee's loss in Miami and was carted off the field.

Titans coach Mike Vrabel said Walker was not in the locker room after their 27-20 loss Dan Marino Jersey , but their thoughts and prayers are with the veteran.

"It certainly didn't look good from where I was standing," Vrabel said.

Walker was the third Titans starter to leave the game with an injury. Two-time Pro Bowl left tackle Taylor Lewan left with a concussion, and quarterback Marcus Mariota was pulled with an elbow injury after a pair of interceptions in a game that lasted 7 hours and 8 minutes 鈥?the NFL's longest since the league's merger in 1970 with the AFL.

Vrabel said Mariota and the other Titans will be evaluated.

Three-time Pro Bowl tight end Greg Olsen tried to play for the Carolina Panthers with a back injury only to wind up on the sideline on crutches wearing a walking boot on an injured foot. Olsen went to the locker room in the second quarter. He missed nine games last season with a fracture in his foot, though coach Ron Rivera said it wasn't the same injury.

Jacksonville running back Leonard Fournette hurt his hamstring in the second quarter and never returned to the Jaguars' season opener. The Jaguars beat the Giants 20-15 without Fournette, who finished with 41 yards on nine carries and he also had three catches for 14 more yards before leaving the game.

Fournette led the AFC South champs with 1,040 yards rushing and nine touchdowns as a rookie last season. Originally, his return was questionable before he was ruled out in the second half.

"It's something that he felt like, I know when I talked to him, he's had it before and knows how to treat it," Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said of Fournette. "That makes things pretty optimistic whereas normally I'm not that optimistic."

Seattle wide receiver Doug Baldwin was knocked out of the game against Denver with an injured right knee. He was hurt in the first quarter when a Denver player he was attempting to block rolled over his leg. He walked off under his own power and came back briefly before leaving the game. Baldwin missed all of August with a left knee injury.

In Los Angeles, Chargers right tackle Joe Barksdale was carted back to the locker room with a knee injury. Barksdale suffered the injury near the end of the Chargers' third offensive drive of the first quarter.

Houston Texans right tackle Seantrel Henderson also was carted off the field in New England with a left ankle injury. Patriots defensive lineman Keionta Davis landed on Henderson's ankle while trying to rush quarterback Deshaun Watson. Henderson was tended to on the field for a few minutes and then walked off under his own power.

After the training staff looked at him on the sideline, Henderson hopped on his right leg to a cart before being driven into the tunnel beneath the stands.

Henderson was hurt a few plays after Houston defensive lineman Christian Covington needed medical attention for a thigh injury. Cornerback Kevin Johnson also left with a concussion and did not return.

Patriots running back Jeremy Hill did not return after a knee injury with 12:09 left in the third quarter. He was hurt on a play where tight end Rob Gronkowski fumbled after a 25-yard catch. Hill was helped off the field and evaluated in the medical tent before returning to the locker room. He had four carries for 25 yards and was credited with a partial punt block.

In the tie between Pittsburgh and Cleveland Donald Penn Jersey , Steelers cornerback Joe Haden hurt his hamstring in the second half and didn't return. Cleveland defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah returned after briefly leaving with an injured ankle.

Tampa Bay cornerback Vernon Hargreaves was helped to the locker room with a shoulder injury in the fourth quarter.

Bengals linebacker Preston Brown limped off the field late in the first half of a win in Indianapolis with an injured right ankle, and Cincinnati defensive tackle Andrew Billings also left with leg cramps late in the third quarter. The Colts lost cornerback Chris Milton in the second half with a concussion.

San Francisco wide receiver Marqise Goodwin hurt his right quadriceps in the first quarter and didn't return in a loss to Minnesota. The 49ers also lost a pair of guards with Mike Person going down in the second quarter followed by his replacement Joshua Garnett in the third, both with left foot injuries. Linebacker Brock Coyle, filling in for Malcolm Smith because of an injury, hurt his head and neck in the fourth quarter. He was down for several minutes before walking off.

Minnesota cornerback Trae Waynes didn't return after hurting his knee while ripping a deep pass away in the second quarter.

Bills cornerback Taron Johnson did not return to Buffalo's loss to Baltimore after hurting a shoulder.

As a veteran quarterback accustomed to ever-changing roles, there’s little Ryan Fitzpatrick hasn’t experienced during a 14-year NFL career.

He’s been a starter and a backup – several times.

Now, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are counting on him to help them weather Jameis Winston’s three-game suspension for violating the league’s personal conduct policy.

And then head back to the bench.

”I thought I had seen and been through it all,” said Fitzpatrick, who’s entering his second season with his seventh pro team. ”But another year, another different situation.”

Not that the 35-year-old is complaining.

Fitzpatrick signed with Tampa Bay before last season, knowing coach Dirk Koetter sought him purely as a backup.

”I’ve learned that you view it as a one-game-at-a-time opportunity. That’s just the way it is in this league,” Fitzpatrick said.

”In 2015 Andre Branch Jersey , when I played with the (New York) Jets, I was a backup and ended up (playing) the whole year with the situation there,” he added. ”In 2016, I was a starter and I ended up getting benched three times. Every year is different. You have to take it game by game and just go from there.”

Fitzpatrick, who turns 36 in November, entered the NFL as a seventh-round draft pick of the St. Louis Rams in 2005.

In addition to the Bucs and Jets, he’s also played for the Cincinnati Bengals, Buffalo Bills, Tennessee Titans and Houston Texans, completing nearly 60 percent of his passes for 26,991 yards, 173 touchdowns and 136 interceptions.

He’s one of just four players in NFL history – along with Vinny Testaverde John Hannah Jersey , Gus Frerotte and Chris Chandler – to throw TD passes with seven different teams.

Winston, suspended following the league’s investigation of an allegation that he groped a female Uber driver during a ride in March 2016, will miss games against New Orleans, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh to begin the season.

Fitzpatrick rejected the notion that his role is to ”save the season.”

”The season hasn’t even started yet. … It’s a cliche, but it’s one game at a time. You have to look at it that way,” Fitzpatrick said. ”Not even based off last year, talent-wise, looking at the team we have out here, I’m in the huddle on offense, and it’s a pretty exciting huddle to be in as a quarterback looking at some of those guys.”

With Winston missing three games and portions of two others because of injury, Fitzpatrick went 2-1 as a starter a year ago. Three seasons ago, he threw for a career-best 3 Terron Armstead Jersey ,905 yards and 31 TDs with the Jets.

Koetter noted that Fitzpatrick has 119 career starts and said he has total confidence in the veteran’s ability to handle the offense.

”We’re fortunate enough to have him,” Koetter said. ”We saw what he could do when he was our starter last year for three games. There’s no reason for us to be afraid of Ryan playing quarterback for us. He’s going to play fine.”

And Winston, who’s allowed to practice during training camp and play preseason games, intends to do whatever he can help Fitzpatrick and No. 3 quarterback Ryan Griffin, a fifth-year pro who’s never taken a snap in a regular-season game.

”As a teammate first, I understand it’s about this team and I am going to be there for Fitz as much as I can,” Winston, entering his fourth season, said.

”But it’s also about getting Ryan (Griffin) ready as well,” the 2013 Heisman Trophy winner added. ”My influence on this team is going to be positive, and I’m going to be their best support system they have.”

Adidas Vladimir Tarasenko Jersey

Video CMS powered by ViMP (Ultimate) © 2010-2024